OLD GLENN COUNTY JAIL, WILLOWS, CALIFORNIA
Part of the Glenn County courthouse complex, 526 Sycamore Street, Willows, California
The old Glenn County Jail was built to the right of the historic Glenn County Courthouse. Both were constructed in the early days of the county’s history, following separation from Colusa County in 1891, with the laying of the cornerstone in 1894. A state report published in 1907 stated: “The building is a small one-story brick, with one cell room and lighted by a skylight. There is also one separate room. In this jail it is not possible to give the legal classification. It was in fairly good condition.” The county’s current jail is located to the south of the courthouse.
More information: County of Glenn, California, California Supreme Court Historical Society