OLD MONTEREY JAIL, MONTEREY, CALIFORNIA
Located behind Colton Hall, 570 Pacific Street, Monterey, California
Built in 1854, in the early days of California’s statehood when Monterey was still the seat of Monterey County (now Salinas), the jail was used by the City of Monterey until 1956. It is open daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day).
More information: Old Monterey Jail or (831) 646-5640 (Museum); (831) 646-5648 (Office)